I haven't blogged much since I have had company, so I am going back to May 31st when my sister Annie flew into Utah. A little history, before I tell you about my her arrival. Growing up Annie got the nickname Jar Jar Binx cause she sort of walked and acted like him. Her daughter Aida who is 2 1/2, has a huge fetish with horses and it causes lots of drama in their lives. Anyways Maria and I decided to make a sign for Annie to see at the airport that said, "Jar Jar Binx and Offspring" thinking we were so funny! On our way to the airport we saw a garage sale so we stopped, and low and behold they had a giant plastic horse for $5.00. Off course we had to buy it not really knowing how intense this fetish was. Maria came up with the name Russet for the horse and we laughed all the way to the airport about how hilarious this was going to be! So we get to the airport and put the sign next to the horse and waited for our big moment! I think watching the rest of the airport crowd try to make sense of a big horse and a Jar Jar sign, was almost more entertaining then Annie's reaction! Isn't family great you can make a complete idiot of yourself all for a good laugh! Here is how the rest went down!

This is Annie acting like she doesn't see the sign or giant horse!


This is Annie acting like she doesn't see the sign or giant horse!
Aida meeting Russet for the first time. Love at first sight. I'm telling ya she is nuts for horses! She fell asleep in her car seat holding this huge horse. Many a tear was shed at my house over this huge horse not being able to go church, the store etc. I must admit I miss Jar Jar and her offspring, but Russet not so much! ! Good Luck with the giant horse Annie!


.jpg)





8 comments:
You and your sisters are so pretty! It sounds like you are all great friends...I'm the same with mine! Thet're so fun and when we get together our husbands must think we're crazy!
I finally got to meet Russet! What a bunch of clowns you all are. Can't wait to join the circus!
Aren't sisters great!?!
It's about time that made it to a blog! I kept thinking, there aren't many things more blog-worthy than that and I just figured Annie wasn't allowing it. You forgot to tell about the security guard who kept watching us and giving us the dirty eye...hey, where's his picture? The one you pretended was of me but was really him? I still think he thought that horse was a bomb.
You are too funny! That would have been funny to see how people at the airport reacted to the large plastic horse.
I love it! You guys are very creative. If only I could think of something that funny to pull on my sisters.
Too fun! I love this. This is just the kind of thing my family would do.
Oh, I was talking to Russ and we would like to have you take a family picture. Where do you like to take pictures? Also, I want to print a really big family picture
(like 16x20). Can your camera make a good looking picture even at that size. AND, do you know where I could get a picture printed that big? Sorry, so many questions!
Russet made it all the way back to Missouri, but only because we now own a van!
Post a Comment