
So we had a scary thing happen tonight! Cameron (chris's brother) came over and asked if Chris could help lay a little sod at Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's. I decided to take the kids and go along. The boys were outside and I was inside with the kids visiting Grandma. Livi needed my help in the bathroom and I hadn't even went around the corner when I heard Grandma cry out then a loud crash. Isaac had been cruising along a side table in their living room and pulled the table down on top of him. It was one of those moments that will be forever imprinted in my mind. Nothing like seeing your baby pinned under a table screaming! Everything was in slow motion and I couldn't get to him fast enough. At first he seemed to be o.k. and just scared, but then the blood came pouring from his mouth and I couldn't tell from where. I rushed him outside to Chris so he could help me and we realized his first tooth that had broke through only three weeks ago was either broken or missing. His gum looked black and blue and was still gushing blood. I ran in to call Teresa (Chris's stepmother) who is a family practitioner. She told me to bring him in unless we could find the tooth and if we could to call the dentist instead. Well we found the tooth and it was the root and all! Because it is a baby tooth the dentist said not much could be done. After about fifteen minutes you would have never known he just had a tooth knocked out. It still has Chris and I shook up! I feel so bad his first tooth didn't even make it to his first birthday. Our sweet little boy will be missing a tooth on the bottom for a really long time! He is such a trooper! I can't even imagine how bad that must have hurt to have a table knock out your entire tooth! Ouchie! The ironic thing was just this afternoon I was trying to get pictures of his first tooth, but to no avail! I have a feeling this is just the beginning of heart stopping moments Isaac is going to put us through! I didn't sign up for this!I always imagined the tooth fairy visiting our house years from now not when we have a 11 month old and a three year old! Here is the war wound and the tooth... root and all!

20 comments:
Oh Mir I can sooo relate to the traumatic tooth tale! Poor buddy.
:( and mommy! I do have to say that if you are looking for anything good about this, be grateful it happened before he is old enough to remember. Jacob lost an entire tooth root and all (it looked EXACTLY like Isaac's) when he was three and he still is traumatized by it. I swear he suffers from post traumatic stress syndrome. Anytime he gets hit in the mouth or has a loose tooth the poor kid totally freaks out. Did Mel give you guys the fun tooth fairy box?
Oh man! I feel sick to my stomach! Dang! I never knew the roots were so big! That had to of hurt bad. I bet Grandma is still traumatized too! Cute picture of the tooth fairy though! Speaking of her, what's she bringing him? An end table by chance?
I can't believe he knocked his tooth out....poor little guy! He's lucky he didn't get hurt worse with the table falling on him. Hopefully you don't have to go through too many accidents like this. So does the tooth fairy come at 11 months?
Yes the tooh fairy comes at 11 months...with treats. Poor guy! I bet that hurt so much and he is so little. SAD!!!
Oh my goodness! That must have been so scarey! I would have cried!
I love outside pictures. Where do you want to take them? Would you prefer to take the pictures on a weeknight, or a Saturday? If it is a weeknight, Russ would prefer Wednesday. Let's do it sometime after 4th of July weekend. I am sooooo excited!!!
Howdy Howdy! Just missin' my sisters! Love ya tons You'll have to check out my blog.
Oh Mir, you're a nerd, look harder! :)
Oh, poor guy! And to watch him do it too, that's the worst. There have been a few times I watched Kaiden fall and just couldn't get there in time. I'm surprised he has survived this far without any broken bones (or missing teath). I'm sure it will be harder on you than on him in the future. He'll have a story to tell all of his little friends:)
So, where's your tag you slacker!
Well definately a boy for ya. I'm sure this is only the first of many many fun times with him. Look who his daddy is. How many times did he get hurt? It is amazing though how resilient kids can be though. I'm sure you and grandma will remember it for a long time.
I'm waiting!!!
Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you! It looks like you pretty much got it all! So I was thinking of something today, remember when we were kids and all four of us shared the nursery with the upside down orange, pink, yellow, and purple wallpaper? The one that probably had more boogers on the wall than Burger King serves in one day? I guess you know what room I am talking about because it was the only room titled "nursery" in the entire house, anyways, that one. There were two bunk beds and Annie and I used to make HUGE messes in there and then you and Punky would get in trouble for them! Ahhh... the memories! :) The I remembered how Annie and I used to fight over whether the door would stay open or closed, and the funny thing about that is that we were always changing our preferences but would never agree at the same time. Then there was Punky and her bed time stories, I think you might have told some but they must of been crappy because I don't remember any of them. Do you remember when I fried one of the hamsters outside in the cage? Or how about the time mom and dad were gone and we slept downstairs and smashed one of the hamsters under the doll house? Didn't a couple get smashed in doors too? I remember dad having to put some out of misery. Anyways, thought you'd enjoy a few memories!
Hah! Now I hold the record for the longest comment!
How scary Miranda! I think I would absolutely freak out if I saw a table on my baby and all of that blood. Luckily it wasn't worse, but that totally sucks that he lost his tooth! Poor thing! I am glad that you both survived the incident.
Looks like you found all your old blog stuff, that's GREAT! I love blogging, it really is great. A way to let you family and friends know what's going on and it's like writing your journal, WONDERFUL!
Oh my goodness! It just never ends with these little ones. I don't know if the tooth fairy visits 11 month olds, but their must be a "sane mommy" fairy that keeps us from losing our minds with all these hair raising experiences. I hope the poor little guy is doing better. It is a good thing mommy is a talented photographer so as to document this experience in his life.
hi miranda..this is krystal jensen..i used to be your visiting teaching companion before the ward split..i saw you on another blog and thought i would say hello!
:) My niece lost like 5 teeth to a curb when she was 2 and she is 6 now and still toothless! My nephew smacked his and it's dead, but hasn't come out so he has a grey tooth. Anyway, scary moment. This is heidi moser form 4th ward. E-mail me your e-mail address and I can send you an invite to our family blog! heidibugg@hotmail.com
Hip hip hoooray, Annie's back in the blogging world today!!! I just wish it was closer to Idaho! Aida kept asking if we were going to Livi's house the entire ride home! She was sad when we said no, but she lightened up when we told her Livi was going to visit in the fall! I miss you and all of the family! Thanks for puting up with me and my crying offspring for as long as you did!
This is Janae's sister Brittany. I just want to say holy cow! That is such a crazy story. I would be pretty traumatized myself. It is interesting to see how well kids take things sometimes. I am glad all is okay, and it will be a story told many times.
Miranda I saw your link on Zoe's blog. I had so idea you took pics. Thats good to know cause I am in need of someone! I can't believe he lost his tooth poor thing.
Post a Comment