I have meant to post this for a while, cause it was such a fun thing. Every Mother's Day Chris gets me flower baskets to hang on my porch. Not to many days after getting them some little Finch birds started to build a nest in one of them. Pretty soon we had 5 little blue eggs. Livi loved the whole process and soon our eggs became very famous on the street. I would have neighbor kids come over and ask to see them. Momma bird seemed to get used to all the fame and didn't seem to mind all the peaks. We ended up with four baby birds (not sure what happened to the fifth!) They started out so tiny and within a few weeks were almost full grown! Bird parents have it to easy! Anyways I had to be careful when I watered so I didn't make a bird bath out of their nest and one time I must have startled a baby cause it took off flying and never came back! The remaining 3 left after a few days. It was so fun to have bird noises outside my kitchen window. It was very fascinating to watch the whole process and see how even birds have a family unit. But the best was experiencing it with Liv. I miss our little birds!

9 comments:
So cute, so does livy know all about the birds and the bees now? :) When we were in St. George, we saw some right after hatching and Rachel and Logan couldn't get enough of it! They were on my mother-in-laws porch and perfect for viewing, although that poor mama did not like us watching one bit! We can't wait to come see you in 11 days!
How cute! You should have kept one for a pet....don't you want a bird?...LOL!
Little birds are so funny looking, but cute in their own way!
Those are amazing pictures! How fun for your kids to have birdy's outside chirping.
I'm so glad we got to experience it with you! It really was fun watching a lot of it! They really are ugly and cute all at the same time!
Hey Mir, I finally have a blog. You will have to check it out. I am still learning so don't laugh. I haven't talked to you in forever. We need to get together. Check out my blog.
Amy
How neat! I'd say I wish nature would visit our back porch, but then it would probably come in the form of a mean moose on the prowl!
Hey! This is totally random...this is Jessica, I knew your husband Chris through the engineering program at ISU ( I work at Sam's). Just thought I would say hi!
hey no fair, even your bird pictures turn out cuter than my regular pictures! How fun for you and the kids. I think Collin would try to kill the birds if that happened at our house, who knows? Way to have a bird friendly home Mir!
Post a Comment