Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our 4th of July!

I am finally finding a minute to blog! Our 4th was great! This has to be one of my favorite holidays! I love everything about it! Each year I am truly humbled as I think of all the brave people who have and are currently defending the Freedoms I enjoy! I hope we can raise our children with a full understanding of Patriotism and to know how blessed we are to be Americans! Our day started with the parade. Even though the parade isn't nearly as exciting as I remember growing up, I loved watching my kids expressions as the floats go by! The kids had fun being with cousins! Livi loved anything that had a princess on it (all the girls dressed up in formals) and Isaac loved anything that was loud! It was hot and towards the end we were all tired! After the parade we went to G&G Johnsons for a BBQ. It was fun being with that side of the family! Grandpa treated everyone to Steaks so Chris was in Heaven! After the BBQ Chris was in need of his usual holiday nap so I took the kids up to my brothers house for another BBQ. It was so fun! We laughed and chatted with family from out of town. I was lucky enough to end up on the winning whiffle ball team! Go M80's! All the older cousins put on an unforgettable concert down in the basement with tickets and all! After the BBQ we packed up and headed to the greenbelt to wait for the legendary Fireworks! I don't know how long this tradition has been going, but each year someone from the Johnson family ropes off the same spot each year and slowly friends and family trickle to it. I love that every year we know we will have great company and a great view! Livi was very excited to be with Grandma Pincock! (Chris's mom) Grandma surprised Livi and Isaac glow necklaces which were a huge hit! Both kids loved the show! Every year I get hit with a wave of nostalgia cause on July 4th 11 years ago I went on my second date with Chris. The whole night was incredible and that night I knew I was going to marry him. Thanks for the amazing date babe! I love you and look forward to many more years with you!

10 comments:

JANEAL said...

Sounds and looks like you guys had a great 4th! I think kids makes the holidays so much more fun. Cute pictures....love the one of you and Livi!

Natalie said...

Your post was really nice and made me feel really grateful to be an American. Your kids looked so cute on the 4th~ looks like a fun day! I love the 4th of July, it's a fun, stress-free day.
ps...love your playlist song by Billy Dean too!!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I love the picture with you and Livi at the fireworks, very adorable! I'm so glad I got to spend the 4th with you guys! Lets keep our fingers crossed that there will be more chances such as this!

Rachel said...

Miranda,
I love your blog, it is so cute. You have such a cute little family. I am always excited to have a new blog to look at.

Krystal said...

looks like you had a fun-filled 4th!...ps.dont make the cupcakes...i was just kidding..they were seriously the worst cupcakes ever!

Katie Lee said...

the fourth of july is my favorite holiday too. It was fun to see you guys and spend time with you. Your kids are so fetchin cute I can't even stand it. We love you!

Edee Ulrich said...

You are so good to get your blog back goin' strong! We love the 4th of July also! It is the best! Cute pictures!!

Trisha said...

We definately missed you guys this year and I was very homesick. So Thanks to Benny, he planned out all sorts of fun for us to make it a little easier on me. Livi and Isaac are getting so big- I can't believe how a couple months can change the kids. We are looking forward to coming home and I"m sure there are plenty of family reunions we will be running into each other at.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I'm still waiting for your tag.

amber buhrley said...

so fun! We love the 4th in IF! Wish we could have made it out this year! and yes, we do miss our IF friends terribly!