We had a great day yesterday celebrating Isaac's Birthday! We had family come over and celebrate with us. He was so happy and really got into his party. Lately he has been all about trucks, so we had planned on getting him a Tonka Truck for his birthday and it ended up working perfectly for a cake idea I found on the internet. It turned out so fun and was about the easiest thing I have done. It consists of chocolate cake unfrosted, Oreo cookie crumbs, chocolate pudding and gummy worms. I even served it with a little shovel. The cousins loved it.
I put some of the dirt cake in a mini dump truck and let Isaac go for it. He loved the candle and just wanted to touch the flame, and was pretty cautious of the dirt at first. He puts everything in his mouth, so I knew eventually he would figure out it tasted good!
After opening the first present he started trying to open the rest on his own. Good thing he had a big sister and lots of cousins there to help. He got some really cute clothes and fun toys. My Brother-in-law Cameron and his wife Katie own a business Pressed 2 Impress (click on name to visit their blog) and they made Isaac some awesome shirts. The one pictured is a little jersey that they printed on the back to say "CHUBBS" (Isaac's nickname from daddy) It is so cute! Thanks to everyone who helped make our little man's day so fun!





.jpg)





16 comments:
I love birthday's! It's so fun to see them get excited! Happy Birthday to your "little man"!
I love your dump truck cake idea..Kai would have loved that. He had a tonka party for turning 2, but I just bought a cake with a truck on it from Wal-mart..no mommy skills there!
The "cake" turned out so cute! And how could it have been any easier? I also love the jersey!
iranda,
no problem! I hope it helps! I am sure I will be asking you questions soon, when I get my photo shop! I look at yours often too and love all of your ideas! We need to exchange emails so we can share ideas and give tips, etc!! You are awesome and I love your work!
sorry...I meant Miranda...typo
I LOVE the dirt cake idea!! So creative Miranda! I will have to tell my sister Jenn who's boy is obsessed with trucks.
ps...how do you know Bonnie? She and I are friends...small world.
Yeah! Isac is one! And you thought you would never survive long enough to see his first birthday or even enjoy it for that matter! I just wish we were there. I'll be there next week though! Happy Birthday Turbo!
What a great idea for a cake! "Almost" makes me want another boy just so I can copy! Happy B-Day little chubbs.
I can't believe Isaac is one....how time flies! Cute idea for his cake. Looks like he had a fun birthday.
Hey, so I know I just talked to you for an hour on the phone, but I forgot to tell you something, the other day when I was checking out your blog, I thought the birthday picture of Isaac was just something you found on the internet and I was thinking, wow, that looks a lot like him! It wasn't until I went to your picture blog that I realized it was a picture you did! :) Also, you should check out this blog, it's someone here in Salt Lake who created a blog that is a spoof on LDS blogger moms. It's pretty funny. She gets hundreds of hits. It was on the news here, but no one knows who is behind it. It could be a man for all we know.
www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com
his b-day party was so fun! thanks for inviting us! We love your family... they are so adorable. I hope my little guy is half as cute as Isaac is!
He is sooooooo cute! I loved the "cake" idea. It was so clever.
Wow, he is so dang cute. I can't believe he is already one. I love the cake very cute. It sounds like he had a great birthday.
I have to say that is the coolest idea for a cake! That is what I like about boys. Nothing fancy. I love the fact that you had birds. What a fun experience.
Miranda! Your family is beautiful! I didnt' even know you had a new addition, congratulations! I haven't been able to browse all of your stuff yet, but you all look so great and happy and I'm so very happy for you! I'm glad Julie sent me your link so I could catch up with whats going on with you! Glad to see you're doing so well! :)
Salina
Post a Comment