Saturday, August 9, 2008

QUARANTINED

So this has been a pretty miserable week for my family! Somehow Isaac got the Hand, Foot and Mouth Virus. If you haven't heard of it, it is very contagious and starts with a fever and body aches then little white and red blister like sores break out on your hands, feet and mouth. It is very uncomfortable and we would hate to pass it on to anyone. Like I said Isaac started with it and then passed it to Livi and then I got it. So far Isaac is the only one who has had blisters in all three locations. We have been surviving on Popsicles, Milk Shakes and Ibuproferen. It is an awful virus that pretty much makes life unbearable for a few days. Adults don't normally get it, but I must be the exception cause mine started with a headache and fever then two days later I had sores in my mouth. I feel so sorry for my kids cause I know how miserable you feel. We will continue to hide out in our home till the blisters are gone! Here is to hoping that day will be tomorrow. P.S. I read that this virus is most common in the summer and fall and the best prevention is good hygiene, especially in public places...so wash your hands. I think Isaac got it at the new playground at Tauphtus. A friend of mine was there the same day and her son showed symptons the exact day as Isaac did.

16 comments:

JANEAL said...

Dang!....that really stinks that you guys all got it and have to stay quarantined. Hopefully you will all recover soon.

Mosers said...

I work at a weekend clinic for my Dr. office and HFM is really common.. my daughter has had it twice.. my little boy got a blister that wrapped all around his heal like a callus does...It's really bad for pregnant women to be around so tell Katie and Zoe to stear clear for a while... It's spread through bodily fluid...spit and other stuff. Just clean surfaces and door knobs and stuff when you feel better...I'm sorry you don't feel good I hope you all get feeling better... good luck!

Jessica said...

Oh I'm sorry! That is so miserable. Ella had it when she was smaller and poor girl just sat and drooled and cried. It made me so sad. Hope it goes away soon!

Natalie said...

So sorry Miranda, that must be a pain for all of you. How bad are the sores in your mouth and what are they like? Is your hubby taking care of you guys and making soup? I can bring ya a meal too?

Rachel said...

There is nothing worse than having sick kids, especially when you don't feel well yourself. There is no rest for Mom's. I hope you are all better soon.

Floyd Family said...

I can't believe you got it to. That is horrible. Jax is feeling so much better now. Hey it only took a week. I hope you and your kids feel better soon. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you because I have already been totally exposed. Feel better soon!

amber buhrley said...

dude that sucks! That is nice of you to quarantine your kids though. I remember in omaha a girl brought her kids to church and a ton of other kids got it. She just had the attitude "oh well"!

Groff Family said...

That's nuts! Sorry that you are all somiserable. I hope you get over it soon and can come out of quarantine!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I'm sorry! I'm glad you are feeling better now! Just as long as you don't bring it with you in September!! Ha, Ha, J/K!

Jodi said...

Well, it sounds absolutely miserable. I think maybe if it had another name like the yucky blister sickness. Hand Foot and Mouth Disease sounds so ominous. That has to make you feel worse just saying it. What do you need? I can't imagine it very fun to be quarantined. I am visualizing sliding a treat through a very small hole in your front door. Just kidding I am not afraid of your germs! You just name it and I am there.

Melissa said...

I am so sorry you guys are suffering through that crap! When Care Bear got it I decided it was the worst illness we went through. Here's to a blister free day!

Anonymous said...

I'm just happy it wasn't me spreading it around this time, I still feel so bad for giving it to Shelly's kids, we just didn't know we had it till we were at her house! The poor kid will probably have scars on his feet from his blisters for the rest of his life! I was really hoping you had taken a picture of the "fish eggs" in the back of your throat! Now that would be a great blog moment! :)
P.S. Your books are on the way and everything has been cleared up!

Kluane said...

I hope you guys are feeling better, it's no fun to be sick (especially in the summer).

Krystal said...

sorry miranda..that stinks! but thank you for caring enough about the rest of the world to "quarantine". i hate it when moms don't bother and pass it all around. a girl at my work 4 kid's had it and she still came to work so i was freaked out for like a week that i was gonna pass it from her to my kids:(

Brizzee said...

Mir that sucks. Great we were just at that park on saturday. Thanks Christy for suggesting that. Sorry. I know that Bella had that one time and she was so miserable. Figures you got it right.

Bon said...

Oh what sad news. I am so sorry to hear about that! I hope everyone is feeling better!