Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's a Good Day!

Today was the start of a new year for our Primary. So much time, prayer and energy has gone into the start of this year. I am so grateful for the women I work with. They are amazing and put so much into their callings. I was a little nervous because we were welcoming 23 new sunbeams and I think 16 of them are boys but they all did so great! Everything from our breakfast yesterday to the new teacher-class transition today went so smoothly! I know I shouldn't question it, but prayers really are answered. I appreciate all those who I work with in the Primary and I especially love all the little ones I am privileged to teach and oversee. The spirit was so strong today. I had to write it down so I can refer back to this day for times when things don't go so smoothly.
Livi went to Primary for the first time today and loves being a Sunbeam and adores her new teachers. I called in a favor to my good friend Julie and she let Isaac come to nursery today and after the first 15 min he did awesome! Thanks Julie!
Our church started at 9:00 vs. 1:00, but I must say I am a fan of the new time! After church my three kids (#3 being my husband) each took 2 1/2 hr naps so my house was so peaceful and I could have some much needed alone time! We are going to eat a yummy turkey dinner (still cooking) then go and visit Grandma and Grandpa. Yes it's been a good day!

15 comments:

Shera said...

Thank you for all your hard work. As a mother of one of those boy sunbeams, today was amazing!! You do an amazing job.

Melissa said...

Do you want to know how many sunbeams we welcomed today? Ummm...2! But it sounds like your 23 did better than our two. Kara did pretty good but the other little boy was taking his socks off, moving his chair all over and he was off in his own little world. Got to love Primary!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

See, the Lord really did know what he was doing when you were called! I'm glad you're having such success! But I still can't believe our kids who are 11 months apart are both new sunbeams, but I am excited to have someone sing in the primary programs!

Bon said...

I didn't know you were in Primary...me too! What is your calling? It was a good day in our ward too. I love the start of a new year and new transitions. Change is so good. I am glad you work with such awesome people!!

Natalie said...

23 sunbeams...WOW!! I'm feeling grateful for our small primary!
It sounds like the year has started out smooth and you're getting things done with your calling. I need to remember to email ya and swap ideas. Have a good week~

Nat said...

Yeah, I didn't know there were that many Sunbeams. Pete told me about Alivia's comment- "They're in the dirt, Mommy!" Classic! You do a wonderful job, by the way.

Hilary G. said...

I think things went well too, with exception to my child. Hopefully next week is better, since I have sharing time! You don’t give yourself enough credit, you do a great job with those kids and you are so on top of things. It’s a pleasure to serve with you.

amber buhrley said...

Wow miranda that is amazing. i was called as primary chorister and need to pick your brain for ideas!! We have a total of 24 kids in our primary(and thats if everyone comes!) So I feel like I am doing a song and a dance all by myself. HElP!! We welcomed 3 sunbeams and all three were awful. Not even kidding! Maybe I will try and give you a call later!

Rachel said...

I though JR. primary was especially good with all those little ones. I am always amazed when it comes to things with Church how everything always seems to work out! Hmm I wonder why? You are definately the person for the job you are in.

Sarah said...

What an awesome day! So how many sunbeam classes do 23 little ones require? Our primary was similar... I think something like 16- and 2 classes. You sound so organized! I am impressed. Yesterday was Syd's 1st day in Primary too- she was great & totally loved it- but I still watched from the door the entire sharing time hour... so do moms like me drive you crazy?

Jessica said...

Oh, I think your the perfect person for the job. We loved the breakfast idea and the sunbeam packet that was dropped off for Ella. She enjoyed sunbeams and is going to love primary! Thanks for all your hard work in making it just perfect!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

It was fun to read the last few posts on your blog, and to see all of your new photo sessions. You just keep outdoing yourself. I really want to come back for Finley when she is sitting up.

Brittany Owens said...

I can't believe you have that many sunbeams. We don't even have a Young Women's program, and we have about 5 primary children. Crazy Idahoans! Yes, the cartoon was Max and Ruby. Darn that cartoon. Chocolate milk for Santa is a good idea though. I am glad that things went smoothly for you.

Janae said...

congrats on a victorius primary day! I do know just a little how much that wears you out! YOu are a good primary president. Those kids are blessed to have you!
We love you guys and hope your doing great!
Hope to see you on Livi's b-day!
Love ya!

Katie Lee said...

yeah super jealous. We have church at 1:00 now... it's soooooo late. 9 & 11 are definitely my favorites. WE love you!