Friday, September 26, 2008

Dupaige Children's Museum



On Wednesday we went to a really fun Children's Museum by Mel's house. We opted to leave the babies home so they could catch up on some well needed sleep. Annie volunteered to stay with them so Mel, myself, Alivia and Aida went and had a blast! It was so incredible, a kid paradise. They had a water and bubble section that was a hit. Especially the giant bubble that you create all around you.  They had an air section with a wind tunnel and lots of fun experiments you could do with air. The biggest hit was blowing hankies high into the air, or sending little puff balls through a tube maze.  Mel and I just sat back and watched their little imaginations go to work. They had a giant light bright board that was visible on either side that I really enjoyed.  We chased dancing lights, froze our shadows, built ball mazes, played in the tots section, so needless to say when it was time to leave we were starving. Melanie treated us to a famous restaurant called Portilo's that serves the most amazing chocolate cake and cheesy fries. So I haven't said much about the food here, but wow does Chicago know how to cook! My sister and her family have been so wonderful with all the chaos that comes with us. We are enjoying every minute and I can't wait to share the rest of our trip in upcoming posts. We miss everyone and hope all is well.




14 comments:

Bon said...

Looks like you have been jam packing your time. I love the Childrens Museum and wish we had one closer!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're going to be too pooped to say boo to me when you get back!!! By the way, if that is the layer shirt that you claim doesn't fit you cute, you lie. We have a children's museum here, but it costs a fortune to get in, so we've only been once, when Logan was only a month old, and I had to pay for him!!!! That's why we haven't returned! :)

mom2jjk said...

I remember that place! I think we will have to make a trip to see Mel. I forgot how fun it is! Have you hugged her for me yet? I guess Annie can have a hug too! :) Where is Mel's blog?

Katy said...

What a cool place! Looks like you are having lots of fun!

Janae said...

I bet Chris is sooo sad that he can't be there! How fun and what a memory for you!
We had such a blast in Chicago - Mel's family is the best. Nice glasses Annie!!!
Miss you- good luck on your flight home!

amber buhrley said...

sounds like fun.I was laughing at your post below because eliza has that same blue dress and porter has the shirt isaac was wearing. I guess we have the same taste in childrens clothing!

Sarah said...

This looks SO fun! I so wanted to go to a children's museum while we were in Vegas- but never made it there. Hey- we should talk when you get back... gymnastics is changing a little w/that new teacher :)...

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I miss you...

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Remember the amazing deals we got at The Childrens Place?...

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Remember when we almost missed your plane...stupid Navigation system!

Brandon and Hayley gordon said...

Miranda! This is Hayley Meikle! I stumbled onto your blog and thought I would say hello. We are back in I.F. and my husband is setting up his dental practice over by Freeman Park. Hope all is well, your family is darling. I couldn't tell on your blog where you are living, but if you are ever in I.F. I would love to see you! we have a blog to www.brandonandhayleygordon.blogspot.com

Cherie Nelson said...

Miranda -

Are you back in I.F. yet? I need to talk to you about some family pictures and a HUGE Birthday party we are having for my mom next weekend (we sent an invite to your parents, but would LOVE for you guys to come too!) Call me at my parents house or email me at cheriebnelson (at) gmail (dot) com

mom2jjk said...

I heard you are home. Blogworld is awfully quiet without you!

Groff Family said...

Looks like that was a ton of fun. You were so brave to make that trip by yourself with two kiddos. :)