Friday, September 5, 2008

Alivia's New Adventures

So my tiny little 3 year is so big to me all of a sudden. She started a "nastics" class and loves it! I always wanted to take Gymnastics so I am thrilled she is doing it! This is a first for me as a Mom to sit and watch my child learn new things, listen to a teacher and socialize. It is such a fun thing to see! I sit and watch her with all the pride in the world (like she is an Olympian or something)! So rewarding being a Mom!
Her new friend Sydney is also in the class and they are so cute! (Not sure who belongs to the bum on the side!)Liv also started Preschool. We were invited to start a joy school with some other Mom's and she loved her first day! I had to laugh, cause they were doing finger painting and she was so worried about wearing Daddy's shirt cause it was too big, that she didn't do it! What a little diva! We went and bought her a new backpack and she wore it around almost the whole day. Hopefully her enthusiasm for school will continue for along time....


16 comments:

JANEAL said...

Alivia is such a cute girl! How fun for her to be in a gymnastics class. I can't wait until Carter does sports and I get to sit and watch him and cheer him on. Glad she loves preschool, I didn't get to put Carter in because we are moving so he'll have to wait until next year. Hopefully he'll like it.

Sarah said...

CUTE princess backpack... you know how we all LOVE princesses! Livi is such a DOLL- I've seen her a lot lately- but seeing pics just reminded me of how cute she really is. She really is a sweetheart too! I love her soft personality. You got a great action shot! Maybe you'll be able to catch her on the bars next time :). I can relate to the mommy pride comment... when we're sitting there watching them it's like I don't want to do anything else (I think I even made someone that called me on my cell call back later last week- it probably was actually a great time to talk, since my daughter was occupied... but heaven forbid I miss a somersault!)Thanks for putting Livi in the same class as Syd- I'm so happy that she has a little buddy to look forward to seeing each week! She talks about Liv the whole drive to IF. Good luck on your shoot tomorrow- I'll be thinking of you- you'll do a great job, as always.

Jen said...

She doesn't look big enough to wear a backpack...but so cute. I can't believe she is that old already.

Rachel said...

She is such a cutie pie! I love that she wouldn't put on her paint shirt. This is such a fun and challenging time of life with these little ones. She seems like such a smart little girl, she will probably always love school!

Melissa said...

What a cutie! It is so liberating for both mom and kid to do stuff like preschool and classes! Good luck tomorrow. You'll do great!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Miranda, Livi's hair is getting so long, and it looks really cute! She looks like she is loving gymnastics! Maybe the next location we live in will have classes like this for Aida! So a really funny thing, last night Aida randomely asked where Alivia was-not Livi-Alivia! It was pretty funny to me!

Carol said...

How adorable is your little girl. I was just blog hopping and somehow ended up here and just had to tell you that.

Though I am sure you were already aware of it!

Katy said...

So fun! I took gymnastics when I was little and I loved it. I can't wait to put Kylie in dance or gymnastics. What a fun time. Livi is adorable.

Bon said...

She is so cute1 How fun to start school and take gymnastics! he is going to be one smart cookie like her mama!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm the 10th commenter, I must be slackin' off! And no you can not use "Livy" and "Big" in the same sentence, all you can say is that she is growing up (at least mentally) :) I love her tininess! Those gymnastic pictures are great!
P.S. I love the topiaries, where ever did you get them?

amber buhrley said...

I know exactly how your feeling! It is so fun to watch them grow but at the same time I want to make her stay little forever! How fun for you and livi!

Carlie said...

What a doll! You need to get her a gym leotard and then she'll go through the roof! Hey I need to talk to you, what is your email? Or call me, because I don't have your number.

Groff Family said...

She's soooo cute! I am glad that she gets to take gymnastics. I know that you always wanted to as a kid... I always wanted you to take classes with me too.

Melissa said...

Gymnastics are soo fun. I have been wanting to get my kids in them. I am tagging you-see my blog for details!

Brittany Owens said...

I think Alivia is the cutest little girl ever! Emma also started a joy school, and loves to tell everyone that she goes to school. She also thinks nursery is school too, so oh well.

Janae said...

Well, its pretty bad when my sister in Missouri beats me to commenting on your blog! Alivia is the cutest and I think that you will see some "grown-up" changes in the next year. It is also very rewarding for me to watch my kids participate in things that build their self-esteema and help them grow! Welcome to a new phase of motherhood!
Love ya - thanks for the "Tagg" (ha, ha!)