Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another Amazing Kid Museum In Chicago!

CHICAGO
The evening after Build-A-Bear we went into downtown Chicago. My sister Melanie showed us the children's hospital where my nephew had all his cancer treatments where they pretty much lived for a year. As we drove to the Navy Pier we saw a ton of places to live for sale. I say places to live, because they are apartments in high rise buildings or a condo pretty much like what the Cosby's lived in. My sister Annie called on one of them because we were all curious the price. So in downtown Chicago you get a condo with no garage, (not even guaranteed parking on the street) and no yard for 2.8 million. Can you imagine not even having a place for your kids to run around and paying that much for it?
On another note though they do have so many fun things to do, like this incredible museum. We started with a little village, where your kids get to see what the settlers life was like. They had a little stream for the kids to play in, a canoe, log cabin, camping ground, fishing pond and a tree house play ground. Our kids were in heaven!
Liv where is your life jacket?

Oh there it is, and you even got in on right....

Another new way to wear your life jacket.
Isaac loved these ball obstacle courses. Little Boy paradise!

Nice catch!
Then we wondered to a dinosour dig where the kids could find bones in the dirt and climb all over the rocks. They even have excavating clothes and tools for the kids to wear if they want.

Next was a garden area, where we had a blast with this white screen. When your shadow was cast on it and you held still the butterflies would land on you. It was so neat!
Isaac enjoyed crawling around acting like a bug in the garden.
We spent the rest of the evening in this pretend little town. Once again so much for kids. There was a city bus the kids could pretend to drive and ride on, a place to fill up your car and change the tires, an adorable grocery store where you picked your food and even had play money to pay for it all. "No yelling on the Bus!"

Is the gas any cheaper in pretend land?

Nice spare tire Isaac!

"Tyra mail!"
(that one is for you Katie)

I try to not force my pickiness on my kids, but man that fish would not be in my cart!

I kept thinking how fun to be kid and be at this incredible museum. The best part was we went on free night! Thanks again Mel for being the best Chicago tour guide ever!
She is my tiny sister on the chess board.

10 comments:

mom2jjk said...

That's a museum I haven't seen! Looks cool. I still wonder where Mel's blog is.

Sarah said...

Well, I think we'll have to go to Chicago just for that... move over Oprah :). Sydney would be in paradise. The best we can do around here is parking all of the push toys in the house at the landing on bottom of the stair's (aka "the garage"). Looks like a blast.

Brittany Owens said...

We have a place like this in St. Louey. So fun for the kids. I just read the post about your little girls teeth. i would have been a nervous wreck for her. Hopefully she won't have problems with her teeth forever.

Anonymous said...

Miranda & Chris,

Long time no see. Your photography is soo cute, I checked out your website. I wished I lived closer so you can do my photo's. Hope all is well!

Devry

Bon said...

Wow! What an awesome place! I am always surprised there isn't a cool children's museum in IF! Or around here! Looks like a lot of fun though!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

That was a fun night! Oh I love Chicago!

Brizzee said...

You guys look like you had so much fun. I bet it was so good to see your sisters. So the WOW thing is going okay. I usually just exercise while he is playing so, so far so good. How are the nails coming? You growing them? Costco just opened so you will have to come down.

Hilary G. said...

Man I wish we had something like that here in Idaho Falls, it looks like so much fun. Very cute and fun pics. I'm sure you have been tagged already, if not I tag you. If you have been tagged don't worry about this one, if not go to my blog to see the rules. Have fun!

Marianne Martin said...

Hi guys! I'm so glad you left a comment on our blog. It's so good to see what you guys are up to and how cute your kids are. Miranda, your pictures are awesome. If I lived up there, I'd totally have you do ours. I need to quit procrastinating and put a link to your blog on our blog- along with other family members, unless they'd think that was creepy. Anyways, I'm glad we can stay in touch.

Katie Lee said...

I'm so jealous. I really want Cameron and I to be able to take a REAL vacation. The most we've done is spent a week in california together, and that was a few months after we got married. Maybe next summer (after I win publishers clearinghouse:) and thanks for the 'Tyra Mail'- I hope analeigh or McKey win!