Sunday, November 9, 2008

From Pumpkins to Jack-O-Lanterns

So I am a little behind on my blog, but I wanted to catch up and post our Halloween festivities. The kids and I found a little farm stand that was selling pumpkins for cheap so we picked out 4 and brought them home. They sat uncarved till a few days before Halloween because we were waiting for Daddy to get done with a nasty test at school. Last year Chris found some insane patterns online that took him forever to carve so this year we went a little easier and they turned out cute. I was in charge of Isaac's pumpkin and my own. Chris did his and Liv's. We lit them that night and the kids were so excited! Oh, Holidays with kids are so much more fun!

14 comments:

Brittany Owens said...

I know about biting off more than you can chew when it comes to pumpkin carving. I spent 5 hours carving pumpkins, only to have them be shriveled in a day. Sigh! Next year will be less elaborate.

Hilary G. said...

Your pumpkins turned out great. The girls wanted to paint their pumpkins this year, we didn't complain!

Nate, Holly, Parker, Joshua, Ethan and Grace said...

good to hear from you. looks ike your doing great. Your little boy has gotten so big! he looks just like your girl. were doing great. loving life with 3 boys!crazy at times but all worth it. hope to talk to you soon!
holly

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

They look awesome! We only did one this year...and is molding on my front porch until garbage day tomorrow! Gotta love moldy pumpkins!

Layton Mom said...

Holidays are definitely better with kids. Nothing beats the smiles on their little faces. Primary Pres huh? Tee-Hee I always said it would happen. ;)

Katie Lee said...

super cute. You know what is sad? Cam and I have not carved pumpkins any of the years since we have been married... we'll have to get on that next year! :) I hope we are on for heroes tonight!

Carlie said...

Fun times- I love the pumpkins! Your kids are so dang cute! I want to see you so bad! We are coming over for Thanksgiving, let's try to hook up okay!

Rachel said...

YOur kids are so dang cute! I love your pictures of them. By the way, I know that you will do a good job in your new calling. It is very obvious that you love the kids. They picked the right person!

Shauna said...

What CUTE pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

mom2jjk said...

Finally some Halloween! J/K
That first picture sure makes them look like siblings! The look on his face looks just like Alivia!
So did you get a new calling? The big bad pres? Best of luck!

Sarah said...

Wow- you sure do rack up the comments FAST :) heehee. Well this is a great post- but not the Halloween post I've been waiting for :). Hmmmm... I noticed you did use some type of pattern for the pumpkins... so that's how everyone's pumpkins always turn out so perfectly. I've been wondering. We just tell everyone that Sydney carved hers by herself & that explains why they look like a 3 year old carved them. So obviously I didn't carve a lot of pumpkins growing up. Patterns. Wow. I'm all over that next year. Wow new calling, huh- guess you just needed to add something else to your plate :). Well, if anyone can manage all this stuff... it would be you (and I've only really known you a few months- but that's pretty obvious).

Bon said...

Seriously- your kids are the cutest things ever! Looks like you had loads of fun!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

We missed seeing you at the Trunk Or Treat. Your hubby informed us you weren't feeling well, bummer! The pics were fabulous as always!

Rachel said...

Miranda, I have to tell you that the Bishop is also a huge "Office" fan. It is one of the only shows he does watch, that and the Amazing Race.