On Halloween morning I woke up with a awful stomach bug and was totally out of commission. Thank goodness Chris was able to stay with the kids all day. He did such a good job at giving them their Halloween. He went and visited family with the kids dressed up and even did Liv's hair. He took them trick-or treating and baked pumpkin cookies. That the dog ended eating half of while he was gone.I was bummed of all the days to not feel well. Thank goodness Halloween was a week long event for us, so that I was able to celebrate with the kids anyways. We started with doing a fun Halloween shoot with Braylee and Jaxon. We have been sending out Halloween cards together for about 4 years now. It is always so much fun. This is the card we sent out this year.





My kids went as Super Why and Princess Presto, from the PBS show, "Super Why." Thanks to my ultra talented sister Maria who always makes incredible costumes for her kids that I end up using the year after her kids do. Our kids are one year apart so it works out perfectly. Thanks again Maria! After the shoot our youth in the ward put on an awesome Halloween carnival that the kids loved! Liv had a preschool Halloween bash on Wednesday and on Thursday we went to Trunk-Or-Treat with some cousins and Grandma on Chris's side.

My kids really love Halloween, you just can't tell!


My kids really love Halloween, you just can't tell!



So needless to say the kids got plenty of candy (no wonder we have cavities hmmm?) and had a great Halloween. Last year we invited the sugar-plum-fairy to visit our house. What is the sugar plum fairy you ask? Well on Halloween night we let our kids fill a small bag of candy to keep then they put their bag with all the remaining candy outside of their bedroom door. While the whole house is sleeping she comes and takes the candy and leaves a surprise instead. You see she is neighbors to the tooth fairy, she builds her home from candy. Liv was so excited and kept asking if she could stay wake to meet her. Kind of a fun thing to do with all those sweets!



.jpg)





12 comments:
I love the flying super hero. ALL the pictures were great and there was not that many, just the right amount!
Mir those are the cutest costumes. How fun. Halloween is such a fun time of year. I think it is my favorite holiday. Even though it lasts for like a month and your children are sick of it by the time it is over. We need to get together. Have you grown your nails out yet?
I knew exactly who your kids were before I read it. My kids LOVE Super Why-it's a cute little cartoon. One of the few that I don't mind seeing over and over. That's hard to find. Your kids look so cute as usual and your sis did an awesome job on the costumes.
Oh Man, those costumes are the BEST. They look adorable! I still can't believe that Chris could do Livi's hair... esp. after seeing that princess "up do." Pretty impressive.
Way cute pictures and such cute kids!! Sorry about the stomach flu, that really stinks on Halloween. I love the idea with the Sugar Plum Fairy too, I'm sure the girls would especially love this.
Cute pictures! And tell Chris I think your floor looks great. The shine is really awesome!
That's a bummer that you were sick! Your kids are so dang cute, I had no idea that Maria was so talented at sewing! That's awesome. I hope you are feeling better now, we'll try to hook up with you guys at Thanksgiving time.
So fun! I loved halloween, before my daughter was born on the day. Now I just feel too much pressure to make it perfect. I saw your photography blog awhile back when you took pictures of Katie Lords. I had meant to comment and never did. Thats cool that you took her sisters pictures. Mark and Jessica met through jessica's cousin kim, who has been my best friend growing up. She was my Maid of Honor in my wedding. I am sure you have met her before! I miss you guys. We need to get together soon.
Love the pics Mir!! I especially like the crying and upset ones. Those are so funny! Thank you so much for taking great pics of the kids together.
I love it. I loved spending time with you and your kids on halloween week as well. Hooray for cute costumes!
Your kids are so adorable. I can;t believe the weather there has held up so nicely! That is awesome!!:)
That sugar plum fairy idea is so great!
Post a Comment