Alivia gave her first talk in Primary today and she did such a great job! She was so brave, being in front of everyone didn't even phase her. She spoke very slowly and clearly.Her talk was about the different responsibilities each member of the family has and she quoted the scripture D&C 132:8 "Mine house is a house of order" she was so cute because she said "odor" instead of order. (Which Daddy did burn some popcorn last night so it is true.) And when I told her to say "responsibilities" she whispered, "I can't say that word" but she gave it a shot anyways. She showed a picture of her family and her chore chart. I feel so lucky to have a front row seat to her first moments in Primary. We are so proud of our little Sunbeam!Sunday, March 1, 2009
Alivia's first talk!
Alivia gave her first talk in Primary today and she did such a great job! She was so brave, being in front of everyone didn't even phase her. She spoke very slowly and clearly.Her talk was about the different responsibilities each member of the family has and she quoted the scripture D&C 132:8 "Mine house is a house of order" she was so cute because she said "odor" instead of order. (Which Daddy did burn some popcorn last night so it is true.) And when I told her to say "responsibilities" she whispered, "I can't say that word" but she gave it a shot anyways. She showed a picture of her family and her chore chart. I feel so lucky to have a front row seat to her first moments in Primary. We are so proud of our little Sunbeam!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


.jpg)





6 comments:
Hey, what a cowinkidink... Syd had her first talk today on the same topic! Now we definitely have to get them together... think of the conversation they might have! That chore chart is pretty cool- we've tried a couple of things... but mom is pretty inconsistent :(... I was pretty surprised that they asked syd to talk- I didn't think that sunbeams gave talks! It was so cute...but I think the microphone might be a little germy now....
What a cutie! It is still so strange to think that Liv is just barely in sunbeams, when Aida is and she is so much younger! I don't know if a talk would go over that smooth for Aida yet, she would probably just bark or growl...
What a cutie! You do know that the mom gets as much credit if not more for a good talk! :)
Alivia is so stinking cute. Even Carter leaned over to me in church one day and said "Mom, Alivia is so cute!" You're in for it if the boys are already noticing her.
Oh, she's so cute. I love their very first talks in Primary. I remember when Collin had his- he giggled the whole time while trying to talk. Some kids get scared, some find it hilarious! Go figure!
She's so cute! I can just imagine her little "mig" voice in the microphone! Rachel's first was great, she actually talked loud enough to hear, which totally surprised me, but then he next one, I couldn't even hear her and I was inches from her face! I'm grateful my kids get to experience public speaking so young, the church does so much for our kids doesn't it?
Post a Comment