Thursday, March 12, 2009

Should I be Offended and What is that?

While I was in Utah a few weeks ago I went to Arctic Circle with my sister Michelle and her kids. After placing my order that consisted of more kids meals than I hope to ever be responsible for (remember I was baby-sitting) the nice lady behind the cash register asked me what name to call when my food was ready. I told her my name and when I got the receipt with my food this was the name that was written,
MORONDA
Who knows maybe I did look like a moron taking four kids, five and under to Arctic Circle...
I had saved the receipt to post the evidence, but I think it was thrown away by my garbage man Isaac who throws any paper away he finds, lately I have been examining my garbage more than I care to admit!

Speaking of my garbage man, the other day I smelled the all to familiar aroma that only my sons two bottom cheeks can produce. So I finally catch the little stinker and proceed with the dirty job of removing his diaper and boy was I shocked when one of these was in the mix of it all,
It took me a second to evaluate the situation when I realized what it was! It belong to this rubbery toy the kids have in the bath tub. The entire specimen was about 3"long and the hand part is bigger than my thumbnail. I am so glad he didn't choke on it on the way down! And NO, that is not the same one, lets just say the one I found had a brownish tint to it and was no longer pink but a light orange. Stomach acids have a way of discoloring things!
Isaac was just giving me a hand, ha! ha! Little Dad humor for all you siblings out there!
This is the entire toy minus a few limbs....hmmmOne of those moments I wish someone else could have been there!Wonder if the right hand will be making an appearance soon?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is by far one of the funniest stories I've read in a while!!! Max and I always laugh about the things we've found in Chiefs poop, but never any of our kids! Too funny!
Thanks for the dry joke "Art" :)

Melissa said...

I was really worried that you washed off the hand just to be able to put it on your blog. EEWWW! We have rescued a little pocket change from each kid but no body parts from toys. Very funny! As funny as you thought Moronda was think about what the person who wrote it down was thinking! "Dude, check out this name! Who would ever name a kid that?"

Shera said...

So funny!!! Giving you a hand.. I laughed so hard I cried. It does not help that Carter has been swallowing things lately too, and brags about it to strangers in the supermarket. Well Moronda, I am glad we can laugh about these things, it keeps us sane!

Natalie said...

Oh my, I can't laugh because I still can't believe he had that in his belly. That is nutts! So happy he is okay. I haven't checked a lot of blogs lately..so much to catch up on. It's great that you have studio now. Does you husband build houses? For some reason I thought that????

julie said...

I don't know whether to laugh or to gag! As far as Arctic Circle goes, I guess those workers need to do something to keep them from going gaga on the job. Very funny!

amber buhrley said...

That is amazing! I had to show my sisters because I was freaking out so bad!

Mosers said...

First off.. that's why the lady is working at Arctic.. she can't spell or else listen... and second.. I found one of those aligater clips in my son's diaper a few years ago...kids are amazingly still alive after these little occurances.. good luck.. boys are a hand ful of surprises!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I love the name! You should really consider having your spelling changed! Ha, ha, J/K! I bet they thought you were octomom or something when you showed up. I still can't believe you washed that off to take a picture of it...oh wait, you pretended you didn't, huh? Oops! :) I just hope I never find that in a diaper, or have to produce something like that!

Nat said...

My maiden name was "Hale"; bet you can't guess what got spelled time and again at restaurants for that one! Please, who's last name would that be?!?!

And it's not just little boys that swallow things; my younger sister would eat Barbie and Ken shoes. But that toy thing is much larger than those! I'm glad it made it all the way through.

Jodi said...

That is so funny. I keep watching for certain missing lego parts-gross! Danny and I got a kick out of this one.

Jena said...

It's so fun to see your blog! Now I can put a face to the name. What an adorable family! I looked at your photo blog too...love the hat! Thanks for letting me peek into your life. Jena

Whitney said...

My dear Miranda, I'm so glad it went through okay, bless you for being such a good mommy!

Jen said...

I know Brandon has had some strange things that he has had to pull out of the dogs back end, but I haven't seen him do that with our kids. That is extremely funny and I am surprised that it didn't hurt him on the way down.

Hilary G. said...

Oh my gosh, the poor kid!!! I can't believe he was able to pass that. It might be a little smaller than it looks but still. I've been lucky enough with my girls, where I haven't had to do any digging in their dung. Too funny!!!

Janae said...

That is one amazing story! Definetly scrapbook worthy! What a kid!