
So I tried something with Liv the other day to help with her whining and it really helped. This is how it went down.
Liv and I were cleaning up her room before bed and she was whining and complaining about everything, and I had, had enough. So being the mature person I am, I started mimicking her. Then I remembered I was the parent and came up with an idea! I would say, "Liv tell me if you think I am whining," and I would say something either whiny or not. After she guessed I gave her the opportunity to give it a try and make me guess if what she was saying was whiny or not. It has worked so great! The last few days I catch her starting her sentences over. And has been so much better about whining. So hilarious! We play it in the van and whenever we clean up. She loves the WHINE game! Thought I would pass on a little trick I learned.
These pictures are from when I caught her in my studio after she made up her own outfit and was posing. I thought it was so cute, hat and all! I love that she is coming around to pictures!

These pictures are from when I caught her in my studio after she made up her own outfit and was posing. I thought it was so cute, hat and all! I love that she is coming around to pictures!




.jpg)





10 comments:
Not sure I want to play a game with Whine in the title when I get enough of it as it is! But hey, if it worked for Livy maybe it will work for Rachel! I already miss her little mini voice!
What a funny girl. She really is coming around to the whole mom behind a camera thing!
Awwww mannnn! Pleeeeeaaaaaase can we whiiiinnnne?
My kids aren't too bad with whining-maybe it's a girl thing. But when they are I totally start mimicking, and they start laughing. I'll have to try the other way, though.
Wait, yes, just thought of it-I think it IS a girl thing, because Ivy whines at me all the time! Drives me crazy.
Great idea!! I totally would have never guessed that Livi picked out her outfit from that top pick- it turned out to be a great pic! The others are so fun to- to capture her little adventurous self... glad to hear she's starting to like it!
Smart move, mom!
We recorded Cole when he was little and let him listen to his whining. He kept saying, "That's not my voice" And we just told him that is your voice and its WHINING...see how annoying it is! It helped him to recognize whining too!
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! Wihning back never works for me either. I'll have to try this! Thanks Mir!
We're back... Sydney is looking at your blog- she is loving all these pics of Livi!! Great entertainment- we'll have to do this more often! Thanks for doing lunch yesterday- we had a blast and its always fun to have something different to do! (esp. with the big bad shots in the afternoon- that put a damper on the rest of the day :(
Post a Comment